Guest Guidelines for a Successful Interview
In preparation for your upcoming interview, we've created this simple checklist to ensure you have the best experience!
Prior to the Interview
Prior to the Interview
- Drink enough water prior to the interview. It’s always a good idea to be hydrated.
- We recommend you use your earbuds or headphones for the interview, plugged into your computer's headphone jack. This will prevent any feedback making its way into the recording, and allow you to monitor your own voice as well.
- If you are using an external USB microphone, confirm the settings in UBER Conference show your USB microphone selected.
- Additionally, if you are using an external microphone, keep about an inch of distance between you and the microphone. It’s best to talk across the mic, to minimize any popping sounds from your voice (this tends to happen with words that begin with ‘P’).
- If at all possible, use a hard-line internet connection. If WiFi is the only option, ensure you’re as close to the WiFi signal as possible.
- If possible, close every program besides UBER Conference. This conserves valuable CPU processing power.
- During the call, please refrain from typing on your keyboard as this will be picked up by the microphone.
- Remember to use the mute button if you need to cough, clear your throat, or take a drink of water.
- It's always best to join the call a few minutes early as this allows time to test the audio.
- Most importantly, relax. It's going to be a great conversation!
It's recommended that you read this blog post, Can You Talk, where Harry covers the preparation in detail. Additionally, he provides guidelines for what to expect during the interview
Note: Guidelines kindly provided by our friend - Harry Duran, founder of FullCast and host of Podcast Junkies
If you haven't provided this information already when scheduling the call, please be sure to send the following to your podcast host:
- A high-resolution headshot or bio photo, which we’ll be using for promotion of your episode.
- The primary website you would like listeners to be directed to.
- Links to the social media accounts you are currently using for yourself or your business, as this we’ll ensure promotion using the correct links. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)